Poll: What’s your February KC SFH Sales Prediction?

Please vote in this poll using the sidebar.

What's your February KC SFH Sales Prediction (2007: 2,375)?

• Down 50% or more (<1,188) (6%, 11 Votes)
  • Down 30-50% (1,188-1,662) (35%, 69 Votes)
  • Down 15-30% (1,663-2,019) (28%, 55 Votes)
  • Down 0-15% (2,020-2,375) (26%, 51 Votes)
  • Up 0-15% (2,376-2,731) (6%, 12 Votes)

Total Voters: 198

This poll will be active and displayed on the sidebar through 03.01.2008.

Alan says:

I think the super low mortgage rates available this month are going to give February a boost.

S-Crow says:

Agreed Alan. I’ve watched some properties that have been on the market for well over a year and they have sold signs up.

deejayoh says:

not sure that makes sense to me Rates have been moving up all montha and are higher than they were in January.

deejayoh says:

oh – and FWIW, Ardell is reporting over on RCG that sales are off 32% vs last Feb. If that’s accurate, then sales would be ~1600. IIRC, her stats are a bit different than how they are defined by NWMLS – but it’s useful info nonetheless.

singliac says:

I think it’s supposed to say <1188

Alan says:

A few weeks ago, Rhonda P. was posting on RCG that 30 fixed was available below 5%.

Oh, I guess that was at the end of January.

I wonder how many of the sales from that dip will bleed into February.

Alan,
    i’m not sure that the 5% interest rate resulted in much of an increase in sales at all,, but from what my escrow pals tell me, it did result in a helluva lot of refinances.

I think it’s supposed to say <1188

Doh, you’re right. Fixed.

Looks like Seattle Bubble’s hive mind guessed the correct range. Final sales came in at 1,609, down 32%.

deejayoh says:

Wow. Per my comment in #4, score one for Ardell!