Happy Independence Day

I’m taking the day off to hang out with friends and family, and enjoy a little kayaking.

kayaking

Exciting Independence Weekend Contest!

Whoever guesses the closest lat-long coordinates to the location where the above picture was taken wins a Made in Washington gift bag with some MarketSpice tea, a Fran’s chocolate bar, some Cabernet chocolate cherries, Biringer’s lemon tea cookies, and an Almond Roca.

One entry per person, leave your guess in the comments along with a valid email address so I can contact you if you win. Contest closes at midnight Monday morning / Sunday night.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Update: Congratulations to Joe @ comment #4, whose guess was just 16 feet from the correct location! Incredible. If I didn’t know better, I’d think he somehow cheated. Here’s a map of all your guesses, with the correct answer marked in green:

View Seattle Bubble Independence Weekend Contest Results in a larger map

joe says:

Maybe you should have the comments hidden. I know exactly where it is, but once I post it, I’m sure lots of folks will guess very near the spot.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: joe @ 1 – We’re talking about a $10 gift bag :^) It’s just for fun.

Chris says:

I’m guessing something right beside where Joe guesses ;-)

Kary L. Krismer says:

Yea, Tim’s away. We can talk about nothing but health care all day! ;-)

stef says:

I’m going to have to go with 47.721138,-122.142241, I’ve been there! :)

S-Crow says:

47.732366
    -122.147369

The structure in that pic is a dead giveaway. I think.

Softwarengineer says:

HAPPY 4TH TO ALL!!!

Enjoy your boat trip and I don’t have a clue where the pic was taken…

Hey, you can write ole Softie at:

softwarengineer@yahoo.com

and I’ll tell ya how to get summer $35 restaurant meals all over the Seattle area for like $12-20 plus tax and gratuity. I don’t hardly cook at home anymore :-)

I don’t want to post this cheap eating out information on a website or too many people will take advantage and it’s tax advantage will likely go away [for me…LOL].

I’ll also tell you, if you ask, how you can get $100-150 boxes of fireworks for like $20-30…

Saving money isn’t dinky interest rates anymore, its hunting for deflation….

Greg Perry says:

47.734128
    -122.153168

S Crow. I’m with you.

Happy 4th!

ray pepper says:

47.7575
    -122.242778

I can practically taste the Frans Chocolate bar and the Roca. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

biliruben says:

I think it could be 2 locations. I’ll try the less-likely just to be different:
    47 34 58.26 N 122 11 06.74 W

Markor says:

For patriotic entertainment this weekend, I recommend renting John Adams on DVD. It’s a 3-disk HBO presentation of the life & times of our 2nd prez. Covers the declaration of independence (incl. the Declaration of Independence, the doc), and the George Washington character is just like you imagined. Stars Paul Giamatti (the Sideways merlot-lover; he’s so versatile) as Adams.

Cheap South says:

The postage to Florida would kill you, so I’ll stay away from this one, just in case.

Happy 4th.

Ben says:

John Adams was a fantastic series. What a great way to learn about this country’s first few presidents and the history of that time.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

I don’t have a clue where you’re at…but the photo is beautiful…makes me wish I knew how to swim (so I could kayak).