Tim on the Radio Today (for real this time)

Let’s try this again…

Tune in to the Weissbach show today at 5:30 PM on AM 570 to hear me (The Tim) discuss the local real estate market with host Peter Weissbach. See Tuesday’s post for a little more info on Weissbach’s program.

If you’re at a computer, you can listen online here.

Update: If you missed the program, here’s the audio.

Thanks again to Peter for having me on!

ray pepper says:

I’ll be listening Tim. I listened the other day as well and no TIM…………

Buford says:

I will be listening from Central Wa via internet.

After moving from Bothell to Moses Lake, I really miss the radio programming available in the Puget Sound region.

Indy says:

Hey, I just found out that the awesome California-listings site foreclosureradar.com is about to launch in Washington state (along with Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon). That will be a great additional tool for data analysis and real estate professionals.

ray pepper says:

Did you hear that Ira……Tim and his wife are stepping it up this winter in their search for a home. Looks like Claim Jumper is on you…..Hurry up Tim! …Bring on the Claimjumper Pretzels!

BTW Tim you sounded great.

Hes not taking any calls on real estate after that segment? Instead the topic is why democrats are losing ground……………………..COME ON!!!

Scott Weitz says:

Nice job, Tim.

Are you really looking at buying?!

voight-kampff says:

…and cue the agents clamoring for tims upcoming purchase ,
    imagine that on your resume ” I sold THE tim a house ” :-)

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Post updated with the audio, for those that missed it live.

And yes, my wife and I are planning to step up the search this winter when the market will likely be gasping for breath again. Don’t know if we’ll find a home right away (we have pretty uncommon tastes in property), but we think it will be a good time for us to get more serious in our hunt.

When we seriously get into the home search (i.e. – getting pre-approved, etc.) rest assured you’ll see plenty of posts about the process on here :^)

cutienoua says:

RE: The Tim @ 7 – Hi,
    When you say uncommon,does that means will be a bunker?

ray pepper says:

RE: voight-kampff @ 6

Tim, needs a good Agent. One that will help him decide.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

You did great today. I’m always impressed by how you remain even keeled. The guy took a couple of shots, in a nice way, to get off course, but you got out all of the important talking points.

Buford says:

You actually SOUND like a reasonable guy.

I have to ask, how do you record the streaming audio?

The Other Ben says:

Haha. “Even people calling for 80% drops…*laugh*”

Sniglet, called out.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: Buford @ 11 – I tune into the internet stream and use the free audio software Audacity to record the “stereo mix” option from my soundcard. It works pretty great usually. The only time I have problems is sometimes on KIRO stations when they cut into the middle of the programming on the web only (as in, not during a normal commercial break) with an annoying ad.

Pierce Anon says:

Good work! I agree with Mr. Losh that the interviewer tried to get in some cheap shots, like when he asked you if you were employed. I was disappointed that the segment didn’t go longer, but that’s talk radio for you, never allowing time for in-depth analysis.

Buford says:

RE: Pierce Anon @ 14
    I don’t think it’s a cheap shot to ask if your employed.
    Just finding out the facts and possible motivations.

Buford says:

RE: The Tim @ 13
    I have Audacity and I couldn’t make it work for streaming. I’ll have to try again.

I’m trying the free Orbit downloader too.
    Thanks

kfhoz says:

Nice job, you do sound good.

rationalistguy says:

Historical analysis is good for getting some baseline but Tim’s assumption (at least he implied) that prices of houses will go back to historical ratios is flawed. These are some of the reasons which I believe that house prices will fall far below historical ratios.

1) You have boomers retiring instead of growing population. This means decreased demand for housing.
    2) Houses are the only asset that most of these boomers have. They have to sell or downsize to afford their retirement.
    3) 70% of US economy is consumption based. U.S consumers are overleveraged and there will be no easy home equity due to rising home prices to support. This will cause corporate profits (stock markets to fall), GDP, and income to fall. This will negatively impact housing.
    4) Land is not scarce in US. Replacement cost for the house is $100-$150 per sq. ft and prices in lot of areas are still way above this proce.
    5) Loans will not be easy to get and that will restrain prices. Economy was booming and people were overleveraging in 90’s and de-leveraging will have same effect but in reverse.
    It would be interesting to know what other people think.

Markor says:

I listened to it… Well done Tim.

Scott Weitz says:

RE: rationalistguy @ 18

Agreed.

The only strong argument I can see for price appreciation would be a result of the massive printing of money. That said, my personal take is that it pales in comparison to the contraction of credit that is underway…we’re still in a deflationary environment for assets.

Kary L. Krismer says:

RE: Scott Weitz @ 20 – Frapachinos (sp?) just went up in price! ;-)