Real Actual Listing Photos: User-Submitted Potpourri

It’s time for another installment of Real Actual Listing Photos. Once a month (or so) I round up some of the most bizarre listing photos from around the Seattle area and post them here, with brief excerpts from the real actual listing description, and probably a bit of snarky commentary.

The idea for this series stems from the ongoing forum thread Detrimental Listing Photos, which is where you should post your nominations for next month’s Real Actual Listing Photos post.

This month I got enough submissions from readers via email that our theme is reader-submitted photos. Thanks for the submissions, keep them coming!

Enough explanation. Let’s get to the photos! Click the photo to view the Real Actual Listing.

2143 N Northlake Wy #63 Seattle, WA 98103“Washer/dryer, on-demand hot water, sub zero refer, Melie dishwasher and great neighbors & an awesome community!”

Oddly, the listing agent forgot to mention the creepy hand that comes out of the closet in the laundry room and holds the door open. Also, I didn’t know Sub-Zero did drug paraphernalia.

8617 17th Ave SW Seattle, WA 98106“Very open floor plan, and lots of windows bring the natural light in.”

Yeah, everything about that photo just screams “natural” to me.

7748 16th Ave SW Seattle, WA 98106“Turn of the century style in this 4 bedroom, 2 bath home, arched doorways, hardwood flooring, wood fireplace…”

The listing doesn’t mention it, but I really hope the glowing mystery toys are included in the price.

6906 32nd NW Seattle, WA 98117“Sold with plans and permits to build new or buy as fixer as is…”

It’s called staging. Buyers like to be able to imagine themselves living in your home.

409 NE 75th St Seattle, WA 98115“Unique, BuiltGreen, Energy Star, Cust Cabs, Hydronic “in Floor” Heat, Thermobalance Valves, and Dedicated Heat Recovery, give this Enviro Safe home a top 4 Star rating.”

Wait, am I buying a house or a box of files with some free caulk thrown in? Also, that description is sporting some serious buzzword overload. Yikes.

22430 Dogwood Lane Woodway, WA 98020“Estate Properties are exceptional by definition and this remarkable estate is without peer.”

Let me know if you have an idea for the next “Real Actual Listing Photos” theme.

Patrick says:

> Wait, I’m confused again. Am I buying a house or a baseball field? Oh, both? Well all right then.

On that last one, if you look at the overhead satellite map on the Redfin page, you are in fact buying both – the baseball field and the house. The property outline includes the baseball field. Also a tennis court. It is $8 mil after all…

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: Patrick @ 1 – Yes, I know you really do get both. That’s what I was saying.

That one isn’t really a bad listing photo, just one that jumps out as odd when you’re scrolling through a big list of homes and suddenly a photo of a baseball field pops up.

Kary L. Krismer says:

RE: The Tim @ 2 – That’s a new one. I’ve seen pools, sports courts, large fields and barns, but never an entire baseball field.

deejayoh says:

By Kary L. Krismer @ 3:

If you build it, they will come…

I Like the One With the Laundry Room

When I rented a condo in Hollywood last summer I got to use one of those dinky stacked washers [it was a Maytag too]. Believe me, a queen sized comforter won’t clean well smashed inside that washer, let alone dry well [even after 4-5 cycles and pulling it in and out] smashed inside that dinky dryer….LOL

I almost lost a $30 souvenir shirt in the washer too….you can’t open the washing machine door unless you drain cycle it first and there’s no instructions telling you how…..LOL….even the condo’s maintenance man didn’t know how to do it….I figured it out, but barely in time to check out.

S. Marty Pantz says:

What’s with the paint job on the front door of the “turn of the century” dump with the “glowing mystery toys”?

Ben says:

I’ll get that b***h a baseball field. B****hes love baseball fields.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. I hate listings with photos of a nearby park or the view as the *first photo* but it is really common. Also, having 1/2 of the photos be of the neighbourhood tells me that you couldn’t take 15 photos of the house.

ray pepper says:

I want that baseball field one. …Actually now when I think about it forget it. My 50.00 a month landscaping bill would soar……..

ElPolloLoco says:

Actually the box of records and ‘handbooks’ suggests that the house is (was) owned by someone who’s OCD about owning a house. This is not a bad thing.

Lots of records and evidence of unhealthy attention to detail makes a classic car more valuable… sometimes a lot more valuable. Why not a house?

dvdivx says:

As far as cable goes – might as well show it because if it’s rural you may not be getting anything past dial up. Worst I’ve seen was a picture of an S&M dungeon. It was on the Seattle redfin forum but I never saved the photo.

Lo Ball Jones says:

Calling all ghouls…be sure to put a handful of your native Transylvania soil in this boudoir as you retire for the night…I mean day:

Dirty Renter says:

“Oddly, the listing agent forgot to mention the creepy hand that comes out of the closet in the laundry room and holds the door open.”

Looks like ‘Thing’, from the Addams Family, found a new home.

rabid-dog says:

Here’s another delightfully touched up photo from seattle southend.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

The picture with the box of files is just incredible….but who wouldn’t love a home that came with it’s own baseball field?!