August 2012 Seattle Bubble Recap

Welcome to the first monthly recap, a feature that I’ve seen used on other blogs to wrap up the month and highlight the major posts in a single place. I think this will be a good way to get a feel for how a month went, and catch up if you missed something. Let me know what you think of this as a recurring monthly feature.

Redneck Nerd says:

I like this as a recurring feature, so please keep doing it.

Jansen says:

This feature is helpful to the Tim in that it fills a field that would have otherwise required original thinking. Its utility for visitors is dubious at best.

RE: Jansen @ 2 – Hey, it’s a holiday weekend! ;-)

willynilly says:

RE: Jansen @ 2

What type of fields have you filled with original thinking? Why don’t you get original and procure an image that is not the default of the Tims dog?

Dubious Utility – this is your new and appropriate moniker. Online coward.

Mike says:

Good feature, I’d make this a post on other social media to draw in the occasional browsers.

redmondjp says:

By Jansen @ 2:

Feel free email Tim with your “original thinking” topic suggestions – that is, if you have any.

StillRenting says:

RE: Jansen @ 2

I’m sure Tim would be more than happy to refund the cost of your subscription.

wreckingbull says:

I like it because I don’t read every post during the month, especially when traveling for work. Maybe a humorous recap of all the month’s comments would be a good companion to this.

RE: Jansen @ 2

A WordPress blog is about keeping daily content, sure, but I was talking with a site developer last week who said that content was dead; it’s the inter active experience that’s more important.

Photos, and videos can work just as well, but it’s the over all experience of the eye balls once they get there.

In other words you have to keep the site alive, but the more you throw at it the more chance something will stick.

Tim does an excellent job, but also has a job, and family. So it may not be what you like, but if that’s the case, what do you suggest? Let’s talk about you.

RE: David Losh @ 9 – No surprise it’s someone whose job it is to develop the “interactive experience” who says what he does is the next big thing.

Content may not be king, but without it there is literally no reason to visit a site. And throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks isn’t the way to go. I come to Seattle Bubble because I can be reasonably confident that whatever is posted here is worth reading. There’s a reason I avoid aggregation sites and, for that matter, certain local newspaper sites which shall remain nameless.

RE: Benjamin Lukoff @ 10

What I was comparing to today was the Rain City Guide, and it’s new look.

That site has three or four regular contributors.

Tim is one person who has made a place that is much more interactive.

ricklind says:

By Jansen @ 2:

Hey, Richard Cranium,
    Thank You for sharing (sarc).
    Is this an example of your original thinking? Good luck with that.

Ray pepper says:

I still say you should initiate topics where Bubble regulars Kary, Dave, Corn Dog, Tytler, Millionnaire Mike, the dude from Gig Harbor who likes his house, and MichaelB are asked their opinion on current real estate topics and investment advice.

Nobody would learn anything but it would be a riot and very well worth the read.

RE: Ray pepper @ 13

Geez, I apologized before, but let me say again it was my fault no one elses.

RE: ricklind @ 12
    Hmmm. Richard Cranium. I think I knew his cousin. Dick Brayn.