doug says:

Yes… but it’s close. We live in a smallish house (all things being relative) ~1750 sq ft, no basement.
    We’re currently hosting a teenage exchange student, and the house is definitely big enough, and I think it would be big enough for two small children. However, in 15 or so years, if we have two teenage kids, I think the house would feel very cramped

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Blurtman says:

I live in a 2 story, and likely will have to get lift installed when I am in my ’80’s. Or hire a student loan indebted man servant, and invest in a riding crop.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Easily, the house is a bit large for two people, but in a great location. The second story will help keep my legs/knees in shape. In ten years I still won’t be 65, so I could probably easily make it another 15 years here.

Blurtman–lifts are relatively cheap.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Blurtman says:

RE: Kary L. Krismer @ 3 – Good to hear, although I have a ways to go before need one I hope. I am still running, and doing the Jingle Bells 5k shortly. I always dreamed of having a fire pole, though.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

One good thing about the post home market crash is that more buyers look at a home now and ask themselves “can we live here for 10 years or more” as opposed to “we’ll buy this, sell it in 4 years and leverage up to a bigger home”. A home should be a home first and foremost, and if you’re lucky, an investment 2nd. Buy with your heart and brain, not with dollar signs in your eyes (developers / investors excepted). Call me old fashioned!
    As for me, I’ll die in the only home I’ve bought…probably by falling down the stairs or having a 250″ big screen TV falling on me (yup, TVs are huge in the future).

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

By Conor MacEvilly @ 5:

Four years? For many it was two or three years!

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Peter says:

After searching for several years we bought in 2011. In the process I found that a husband and wife don’t always see things the same way. I saw potential in a house, the wife didn’t. She liked someplace, I didn’t. To have us both like the same house and have it be in our price range….probably will only happen once this decade.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

HappyRenter says:

Yes, I would live here for another 10 years. But, obviously, I rent – and it’s an apartment. So, maybe my vote should not count. But who knows, we might still buy if something nice shows up.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

ARDELL says:

I’ll be happy if I live 10 more years…period.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0