Tim’s New Obsession: Redfin Collections

Full disclosure: The Tim is employed by Redfin.

Redfin (my employer) just launched a fun new feature today: Redfin Collections.

Redfin Collections

With Collections you can curate publicly-visible galleries of listing photos from nearly all of Redfin’s markets across the country. Although I was not at all connected to the team that developed this feature, as an employee I’ve been in the private beta for the last few months, and let’s just say I may have gone a little overboard.

I currently have 25 different collections. Here are a few of my favorites:

The feature is still in “beta,” so there are a few minor kinks being worked out, but already it’s the most beautiful and most addictive feature I’ve used on a real estate search site. No one at work requested or even implied that I should write this post, and I didn’t run it past anyone for approval, I’m just a Collections addict. If you try it out you might become one too.

You can browse all of my collections here, and if you have a free Redfin account you can start making your own (step-by-step directions here). I’d love to see what kinds of collections my readers come up with, so if you try out the feature, share your profile link in the comments.

This concludes this test of the Shameless Plug Broadcast System.

redfin has gotten to be the most complete package of Real Estate forum, and features. This is a really good example of remaining fresh when so many Real Estate sites stagnate.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

ChrisM says:

Cool! One suggestion would be add either the state or the metro name to each photo.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

ray pepper says:

I like the home theatres pictures. To afford one of those I will have to double our office minimum to that of Red Fin’s.

This concludes yet another shamless plug!

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

softwarengineer says:

Tim’s Convinced Me Now

If I need to recommend any real estate needs….I’ll tell ‘em Redfin :-)

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Partial View says:

Love the collection of Czech sky shots! Not exactly useful for shopping, but still makes me grin.

Hey, maybe if enough postings get called out on the rampant photoshopping, it might actually stop some day. Few things turn me off more on a house than getting there and realizing I’d been misled by deceptive post.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

By Partial View @ 5:

Love the collection of Czech sky shots! Not exactly useful for shopping, . . ..

Is any of that useful for shopping? Maybe if you want to buy a house owned by a celebrity, but the rest seem to be just a fluff/fun type of thing.

I checked out the cool kitchens, and was shocked to see how many of the cabinets were white painted wood. I’ve seen that in some moderately high end homes in the past and always shook my head, especially in newer houses.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Lesley says:

I never noticed the creepy face in the Czech sky before.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

NoahFect says:

Wow, those are some small photos.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0