With the future of Boeing airplane manufacturing inevitably moving to less expensive states (sped along the way by last night’s Machinists Union vote), we may as well start work now on determining a new use for the 98-acre Boeing Everett Factory, currently the world’s largest building by volume.
Here are my top 10 proposed future uses for the facility.
- Museum for future generations to remember that Seattle used to have manufacturing
- Two words: Ice Town
- Microsoft data center | Employment: 5
- Home of the world’s largest coffee roasting machine.
- Townhomes, townhomes, townhomes!
- Genetic research center dedicated to breeding pink ponies.
- New mega-ultra-super-sanctuary for Mars Hill Church
- Storage warehouse for Sonics merchandise produced when Seattle imagines the NBA will return
- Massive indoor garden for the upcoming economic implosion and subsequent collapse of society
- Low-income housing development for thousands of laid-off machinists
What are your top ideas?
RedmondJP had the best reader suggestion: “The biggest indoor pot grow operation IN THE WORLD!”