This is a directory of the most useful reference posts here on Seattle Bubble. Some of what we write about is time-sensitive, but much of the material that has been covered in this blog’s ten-year history is just as useful today as it was when it was written. The best of that “evergreen” content is collected below. This page will be updated as new content is added to the blog.
Homebuying Advice & Tips
- Fast, Good, Cheap: Pick Any Two
- Simple Affordability Calculator
- What the Heck is the Affordability Index, Anyway?
- There is no such thing as "a great time to buy."
- Alternative Brokerages Flourishing Around Seattle
- How To: Analyze a "Below-Market" Deal (5-part series)
- Homebuying Tip: Get a Sewer Scope Inspection
- False Advertising: Home Builder Renderings vs. Reality
- Terrible at Math, You Poor, Filthy Renter? YOU CAN OWN!
The Homebuying Transaction
- Earnest Money Disputes and HB 1730
- Statewide Form 22A—Financing Contingency: The Seller’s Perspective
- Statewide Form 22A—Financing Contingency: The Buyer’s Perspective
- Statewide Form 22A—Financing Contingency: The Broker’s Perspective
- How-To: Challenge Your Property Taxes
- How do property taxes work in Washington State?
- Foreclosure Timeline in Washington State
Buy vs. Rent
- Homebuying Platitudes vs. Reality
- Does anyone pursue actual home ownership anymore?
- Buy vs. Rent: A Real Life Pre-Peak Example
- New, Even Better New York Times Buy vs. Rent Calculator
- Your (Mortgaged) Home is Not an Investment
- "Tax Savings" Far Overshadowed by Interest Paid
- Top 10 Reasons NOT to Buy a Home
- Rent vs Purchase: A Comparison
Searching for Rentals
- Where to Search for Rentals in Seattle
- How To: Use Craigslist & RSS to Find a Great Rental
- How To Find Cheap Rentals Around Seattle