Seattle Gets Another New Real Estate Blog

Apparently Elizabeth Rhodes’ Home Forum Extra blog wasn’t capable of single-handedly satiating the real-estate-hungry readership of the Seattle Times. So, they’re introducing a new real estate blog by Real Estate Editor Cindy Zetts.

Lots of people are avidly interested in real estate — buyers and sellers, owners and wannabes, investors and market voyeurs. But it’s tough to make sense of it all.

That’s where my blog, The Real Estate Deal, comes in. I’ll decipher real-estate issues and post news, tips and nifty tidbits from around Puget Sound. And I want to hear from you. What are you seeing in your neighborhood? What are you curious about? What doesn’t make sense to you?

Take this weird real-estate market we have now. Why, for example, are prices rising in the Seattle area while sales are plummeting?

She’s not exactly getting off on the best foot by claiming that “prices are rising in the Seattle area,” when that clearly is not the case right now.

She also seems to be saying that the point of her blog will be primarily to give advice for sellers so they can get as much for their homes as possible and ride out this difficult market.

I often hear, “My house is worth more than that.” Actually, it’s worth what someone will pay for it; and if no one will pay what you want, then your asking price is too high. No amount of emotional attachment (yours) to the place is going to change that.

Potential buyers can afford to be finicky these days. There are thousands of home for sale right now, and even those who love a house can fall just as quickly for another with a lower price tag.

This leaves you three choices: Lower the price; wait months for the perfect buyer; or take the home off the market.

Here are a few tips to help you avoid our mistakes and get the most for your house…

Welcome to the local real estate blogging scene, Cindy. Here’s the link to her new blog, The Real Estate Deal. I’ve added it to our Blogroll, as well.

Moe Ronn - Realitor® says:

Seems about a day late and dollar short to me…..

david losh says:

You’re right, it’s another Real Estate blog. I thought this was a part of the Naked Loon. Yes this is another problem for the Real Estate industry in Seattle. Thank you for being the first to warn us.

david losh says:

Oh yeah, it’s in the Sunday’s Real Estate section. That’s how I knew it wasn’t a hoax; or is it?

jon says:

YOY is still positive in Seattle proper, mainly in 701:

I can’t find last month’s report to check the MOM change, but it is probably about flat.

Michael says:

I went by the corner of 3rd and McGraw on Queen Anne today. They had a record 17 sandwitch boards on the corner advertising open houses and real estate. I’ll try to take a picture and post it when I get a chance.

faster says:

Yep, the Open house signs on Queen Anne today were comical. We drove from the top of the hill down to Interbay and the number of signs was crazy – 2 or 3 at every major intersection.

Chris says:

But Queen Anne is insulated. Queen Anne prices will always go up because everyone wants to live there!!! Actually, my wife and I took great glee last weekend on a walk and saw a *gasp* foreclosure sale on 10th W between Galer and Garfield. I thought only rich people with good credit owned homes in Queen Anne…

Chris,
    They probably were rich and had good credit when they bought that home that drove them to the poorhouse.

Nathan says:

> owners and wannabes???

Ugh. Just Ugh.

softwarengineer says:

THE WEBSITE’S TRUTH IS PROPORTIONAL TO THE BLOGGERS’ INTELLIGENCE

Otherwise, how else can you explain why all the soft landing websites’ predictions were all wrong and misguided on Seattle Real Estate and us bubble brains right?

What was the Peter principle- you rise to your level of incompetence? Cindy Zetts, the new Times real estate blogger,used to write excellent restaurant reviews for the South edition of the Times.

Ubersalad says:

That’s a downgrade…operating restaurants actually require some sort of skill.

Cougar says:

Now, now you all are being a bit harsh. Her new blog coincides with her previous job as real-estate editor for the Seattle Times. Due to lack of advertising to keep SE Living alive (sound familiar The Tim – buy Bull, Bear or Pony by donating to Seattle Bubble – how many are you are doing this to help SB
    stay afloat ?) Cindy has been relocated back to Seattle and will command this blog. Let’s welcome her with a warm bubbly.

SE Living is gone, but we’re still here for you

This is the final edition of SE Living. Sorry, I know that was abrupt,
    but there’s no sugarcoating it. For 11 months, our staff of eight…

Full story:

I thought SE Living was one of the best parts of the Sunday Times.

david losh says:

Wait a minute, those are my Open House signs you guys are talking about on Queen Ann. I do have more than a couple, but with all the inventory you need a hook to get the buyer.