In a recent comment thread a few readers expressed interest in occasional posts on some more homeowner-focused topics, including finishing the “knife catcher” series of posts I began back in June about my personal homebuying experience (yes, that’s my home pictured at right behind Crystal, the Seattle Bubble Mascot).
Here are some of the potential posts I was thinking of running about my home hunt before I put the series on hold:
- How did we choose our agent?
- Where did we get financing?
- What was the path to closing like (inspection, escrow, etc.)?
- Closing thoughts on the process & decisions.
I’ve also had some ideas for post-buying posts on home ownership in general:
- How much does ownership really cost (interest, maintenance, other stuff)?
- Home maintenance: what needs to be done, costs, etc.
- Home improvement: costs, uses, practicality, etc.
Are these types of topics things that would interest you, the readers? Or, would you rather I stick to market analysis and listings? Let me know!