We generally have a hand-off policy to comments on Seattle Bubble, but there are some basic ground rules. This page describes the comment policy that is enforced on Seattle Bubble.
photo by Flickr user Carsten Tolkmit
- blatant antagonism
- commercial links in your comment text
- totally off-topic comments
- changing your commenter name
- changing your commenter email
- endless bickering
In general, if you keep your comments constructive and respectful, you’ll be okay. Comments that violate the above points may be moved, edited, or deleted, and repeated offenses may result in a sitewide ban.
- business links in the “website” field of your comment
- keep off-topic discussions on open threads and the forums
- keep heath care discussions on the health care open thread
- keep general discussions about politics or economics on the politics & economics open thread
In order to enforce the ban on “endless bickering,” everyone gets up to 5 comments per post, then you’re done. Regular open threads have a limit of 25 and the politics / economics / healthcare open threads have much higher limits. Use your comments wisely.