[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Seattle Bubble Forum Archive • View topic - Join the Tea Party

Join the Tea Party

How will housing affect the US and world economy? How will the economy affect housing?

Moderators: synthetik, The Tim, Lake Hills Renter

Join the Tea Party

Postby leaveseattle » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:39 pm

http://www.teapartyrevolution.com/default.aspx

Across the Nation on April 15th.
leaveseattle
Bubble Watcher

Re: Join the Tea Party

Postby rose-colored-coolaid » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:56 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't make any sense? Sure, everyone would love a dream world where the government exercises no taxes, but the roads and schools are somehow maintained and your calls to 911 are answered.

But, come on; a tea party! At the very least, these guys could come up with a historically accurate metaphor for their outrage. You all voted for a new government (well, everything but 2/3rds of the senators) four months ago. If there are so many people who are angry with the status quo, why did they vote for status quo candidates?

The site claims a silent majority are fed up. So, why didn't those people vote for Ron Paul? And why didn't they all vote libertarian for house and senate seats?
rose-colored-coolaid
Bubble Banter Boss

Postby leaveseattle » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:00 am

I would use the term "symbolism"
leaveseattle
Bubble Watcher

Postby rose-colored-coolaid » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:54 pm

rose-colored-coolaid
Bubble Banter Boss

Postby SeattleMoose » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:15 am

Geez RCC.....stop being such a sheep and grow some horns!!!

Were you against the WTC protests too?

Trying to work "within the system" does not work when the system reaches a certain tipping point of inbreeding and corruption.

We are at that point and have been for some time.

BTW....the govt/banksters just gave America the finger () as the "90% tax on the bonuses" was killed in the Senate and Obama (the puppet) said "let's not demonize investors".

So now it looks like the AIG scumbags will quietly keep their bonuses. Evidently, the banksters/govt puppets wanted to let the furor die down and then quietly put the whole thing to bed. After all, it sets a bad precedent if "some" scumbag parasites have to give up the lifesytles to which they have wormed themselves into....regardless of the ethics and the lack of accountability. Heavens!!! I mean who knows how many other scumbag parasites "would be next?".

Tea party!!!
Symbolic...perhaps...but a start
Count me in!!!
SeattleMoose
Bubble Bloviator

Postby rose-colored-coolaid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:41 pm

rose-colored-coolaid
Bubble Banter Boss

Postby Lake Hills Renter » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:33 pm

So you're a sheep if you don't join the crowd? :?
Lake Hills Renter
Bubble Banter Boss

Postby rose-colored-coolaid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:41 pm

rose-colored-coolaid
Bubble Banter Boss

Postby FreedomLover » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:31 pm

FreedomLover
Bubble Blatherer

Postby FreedomLover » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:36 pm

FreedomLover
Bubble Blatherer

Postby The Tim » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:48 am

The Tim
Bubble Blogging Buffoon

Postby leaveseattle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:13 am

Tim,

That was a great write up.
leaveseattle
Bubble Watcher

Postby Lake Hills Renter » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:09 am

I stayed away from the tea party idea because of the partisan crap (well, and then the flu). I'm glad the write-up's author didn't have any political mudslinging at his rally (and I'm no sure I believe him), but everything else I saw/read showed it had mostly been commandeered by Republicans and the right wing as an anti-Obama rally. No thanks. That kind of thing is the problem, not the solution.

Don't get me wrong, I'm neither left wing nor Democrat (nor right wing nor Republican) -- I despise partisan politics in all its flavors. But I find the hypocrisy of rallies against deficits and spending NOW, after silence for eight years of massive government deficits by the previous administration, very suspicious. Sure, I would imagine there's a lot of bailout backlash involved, which is why I was interested at first, but if it truly is about getting our financial system healthy again, then the partisans need to be kept out of it IMO. And from what I saw, they were pretty much running the show, despite the testimonials otherwise. They may have started non-partisan, but it sure didn't end up that way, at least to the neutral onlooker.

And that news report is pathetic.
Lake Hills Renter
Bubble Banter Boss

Postby WestSideBilly » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:50 am

WestSideBilly
Bubble Banter Boss

Postby The Tim » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:17 am

The Tim
Bubble Blogging Buffoon

Next