Poll: What’s your favorite pet?

Please vote in this poll using the sidebar.

What's your favorite pet?

• Dog (45%, 112 Votes)
  • Cat (41%, 103 Votes)
  • Bird (1%, 3 Votes)
  • Fish (1%, 3 Votes)
  • Rodent (1%, 2 Votes)
  • Reptile / Ferret / Chinchilla / other exotic (2%, 4 Votes)
  • I don't befriend animals (10%, 24 Votes)

Total Voters: 251

This poll will be active and displayed on the sidebar through 05.03.2008.

I like to throw in a lighthearted, completely non-real-estate-related poll in the mix once in a while.

We’ve got 2 huskies, 4 ferrets, and a 4-gallon hex aquarium with 17 tropical freshwater fish. I’d like an African Grey parrot and an albino ball python someday, but probably not until we move to a bigger place :^)

biliruben says:

1 mutt, 4 cats. The dog is the bigger PITA, but she’s my favorite.

Everett_Tom says:

4 cats (down from 6 cats). We’d like to add a dog to the mix, but are waiting until we buy a place… since it’s hard enough to find a rental that’ll take all the cats..

Lake Hills Renter says:

I’m a cat nut, always have been. I have a 13 year old good for nothing lazy furball.

Chris says:

What? No option for pink pony?

Joel says:

Renters are like pets to landlords.

I used to be really cat/dog crazy, but now that I have a baby the cat is more of a nuisance than anything.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

14 year old chow-terrier-corgi mutt, and a 15 year old stroke survivor cat, who still rules the house.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

meow X 4, tweet X 2, no woof.

Darby says:

Had a ferret once named Turbo, and I loved her. She was a lot of work, hence the name.

I prefer cats these days. Big, grumpy cats who do their own thing and meow to say hello every once in awhile.

AndySeattle says:

1 meow. No woof. No tweet.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

I just lost my two elderly male cats to kidney failure. One in December, the other in February. Can’t quite bring myself to get another cat, though I’ve been checking out the adoption websites regularly. On Saturday night I had a dream that they both came back to life and had jumped up on the bed to greet me, ala Pet Semetary. Scared the crap out of me and I don’t scare easily.

biliruben says:

Jillayne – Let me know if you decide to get another. My wife’s a vet, and always looking for adopters.

Hi biliruben,

I am open to adopting two male cats again. I think I’ll start to seriously look sometime this summer. My heart’s really broken so I need to wait a little while longer.

Also, it’s kind of nice not having to vacuum up cat fur.

Lake Hills Renter says:

My 13 year old can developed diabetes last year, but fortunately it’s now in remission. But now kidney problems have started. It’s just a matter of time before he succumbs to it as your cats did. :( I imagine it will be a while before I would be able to get another one as well.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

3 cats: Thelma, Louise and Bagara and one pug: Orson. They’re all up in their golden years… it’s a “blended” family.

biliruben says:

Hey Jillayne –

Going through me won’t likely be quick, so I understand if you go through more traditional means. Just let me know when you start looking and we’ll see if my wife has any looking for a home at the time.