Weekly Twitter Digest (Link Roundup) for 2012-11-02

• Oops: Washington Realtors (@WashRealtors) send political mailer to Vancouver WA w/ photo of Vancouver BC http://t.co/Tu9IXmf0 ->
  • "What to know about Mastro’s empire — how he built it, how it unraveled" http://t.co/SAOHg61R via @PSBJ ->
  • "How Michael Mastro tapped into vast sums of Seattle money, and then let it drip away" http://t.co/3Bu8GbTH via @PSBJ ->
  • In case you haven't noticed, I've added voting buttons to posts on Seattle Bubble. Now you can let me know if you like or dislike each post! ->

Here’s some interesting data on median family income in different cities in Washington State.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

I’m just excited that I finally got the new Twitter digest plugin to exclude the auto-posted tweets from the blog (“On the blog…”). I used to have one plugin that pushed out tweets and also published these digests but they “upgraded” it and ditched the digest feature, so I had to switch to a new plugin that needed some custom modifications to work exactly how I wanted.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: The Tim @ 2 – And I thought I was the biggest geek here. ;-)

How are you enjoying Windows 8?

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: Kary L. Krismer @ 3 – Hah, I won’t be touching that with a 10-foot pole.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

calvis says:

Not even close Kary. You should check out Tim’s Kickstarter profile.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: calvis @ 5 – Okay, 1) How did you happen upon my Kickstarter profile? 2) Here it is for anyone else: http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/the-tim

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

ARDELL says:

RE: The Tim @ 4

I screamed with glee when I first saw Windows 8! Looks just like my phone that I love. But I want Windows 8 in full touch screen capability and the mls sent us a notice that we can’t use the mls with it except in Chrome browser :(. That would be fine except Chrome doesn’t work as well with real estate contracts for some reason. So I’m waiting for the green light from the mls. They are working on it.

My son in law couldn’t get his Windows 8 to work until he pulled out his avast, in case anyone else is having that problem. As soon as he deinstalled avast, it worked perfectly, and he fell in love with Windows 8 at first sight, as I did.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: ARDELL @ 7 – I think Windows 8 will lead to laptops with touchscreens. That will compete with tablets like the Asus Transformer, which IMHO is the premiere tablet right now.

On the contracts issue, they added the option to open the contract in a new window. That should take care of your concerns there, because it will open in Acrobat rather than a Chrome window.

Unfortunately that doesn’t deal with autofill, where they don’t offer that same option. But, when you open each form it does give you an option to open in Acrobat, but that’s still in a chrome window. I’m not entirely certain how well that works. but whatever you do, don’t select Acrobat as the default. Some sites, including parts of the NWMLS site, don’t work with the Acrobat plugin. You’ll just get a blank page on such sites until you reactivate the Chrome plug-in.

Finally, just because they say IE10 doesn’t work with the NWMLS, don’t assume it doesn’t work. In the past I’ve noticed that they say they before they figure out whether it’s compatible. I’m going to give autofill it a try later this morning using both Chrome and IE10.

Finally, the main benefit of Win8 isn’t the tiles page that reminds you of their phones. That is fairly useless on a desktop without a touch screen, but I could see it might be useful with some apps. The main benefit is speed, especially with a SSD. For $39 it’s a steal. That said, I’m not upgrading any of my Win7 machines, just my Vista machine.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: ARDELL @ 7 – FYI, I just did Autofill in Win8 w/ IE10, and it worked fine. Autofill is the only thing I’ve not been using Chrome for now for months, so between Chrome and IE10 you should be covered with the NWMLS site.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0