Real Actual Listing Photos: Pretty Pretty Ponies Edition

Reminder: For a regular serving of wacky listing photos throughout the month, from all across the country, check out Looney Listing.

It’s time for another installment of Real Actual Listing Photos. Once a month (or so) I round up some of the most bizarre listing photos from around the Seattle area and post them here, with brief excerpts from the real actual listing description, and probably a bit of snarky commentary.

The idea for this series stems from the ongoing forum thread Detrimental Listing Photos, which is where you should post your nominations for next month’s Real Actual Listing Photos post.

This month’s theme is Pretty Pretty Ponies. Because I’m not going to believe that the property you’re selling is really equestrian unless you include a photo of actual equines roaming the grounds.

Enough explanation. Let’s get to the photos! Click the photo to view the Real Actual Listing.

11314 227th Ave SE Monroe, WA 98272“Barn & 5 separate organic pastures on 25+ acres for the passionate equestrian.”

Can you feel the passion? I can feel it.

23217 39th Ave SE Bothell, WA 98021sold

Pony sneak attack!

830 Pays Rd Cle Elum, WA 98922“Equestrian Ranch/Farm on 45 acres! Private and quiet.”

Good, I require total privacy and complete silence to fully enjoy my ponies.

28704 NE 112th Wy Duvall, WA 98019“…this sunny 20-acre equestrian property is bursting with custom features & expensive enhancements.”

Ever get the feeling you’re being… watched?

3740 122nd Ave NE Bellevue, WA 98005“This Estate offers unique features such as a detached cabana… barn for the equestrian person, but easily converted into a studio.”

Hipster pony doesn’t care if you convert his barn into a studio.

30230 23rd Ave SW Federal Way, WA 98023“This lovely home has a beautiful equestrian on a large lot.”

Um, what? Used as a noun, “equestrian” means “one who rides on horseback.” So… this home comes with a beautiful horseback rider? Interesting. Personally, I would have preferred to see a photo of that instead of the horse.

Let me know if you have an idea for a future “Real Actual Listing Photos” theme, and be sure to check out Looney Listing for listing photo amusement throughout the month.

AndySeattle says:

Million dollar home with SWEET plastic chairs. Bargain at twice the price.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Erik Muller says:

Tim, does this post have anything to do with your fascination with the Bronies?

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: Erik Muller @ 2 – Pink ponies have been an inside joke on this site since long before “Bronies” existed: http://seattlebubble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=610

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Sweet Pea says:

On your 3rd photo, private and quiet can be a sought-after characteristic for horse owners. A couple of years ago a mare in the Puget Sound area broke her leg in a pasture after being frightened by neighbors who just loved fireworks. Also, privacy and quiet away from arterial roads can be a huge bonus, as a downed fence and resulting loose horse on a main road is one of a couple of the worst nightmares feared by most horse owners. One of the other top fears being a barn fire.

Also, on the first photo, most equestrians, especially horse owners with their own farms, have to be pretty passionate about it, because it is a staggering amount of work, unless you can afford to pay help ;-)

But, I do enjoy the pony pictures, and the first listing is just beautiful (mostly the barn, coming from a passionate equestrian :-)

ETA: I’ve been to the facility with the horse spying from the barn. Haven’t been inside the house, but I was up there twice at night, and it is so far out there, on a one-lane winding road, I kept waiting for the banjos to start playing, and hoped if we got lost they could eventually find my body, but they do have a nice spot up on a hill.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

softwarengineer says:

I Used to Raise a Brown Racing Thoroughbred Called Suzie During My College Years

That horse was crafty as hades, could push any fence post down and lept 5-6 feet over fences too….kept SWE running all over the neighborhood trying to catch it, especially when the dogs were chasing it. I had to chain it to a tree to keep it “penned in”.

I raised her mom Chiquita too for awhile, but she died about year after giving birth to Suzie.

Thoroughly enjoyed your pictures Tim, but I learned to never ride Suzie without horrifying fear she’d smash me into low tree branches….that pony was gifted at throwing riders off….me included.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Sweet Pea says:

This is way off topic, but just in case anyone is thinking of trying it at home…chaining a horse to a tree is an incredibly bad idea…

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Lo Ball Jones says:

One thing about horses…they haven’t gotten on board with the whole urban density trope. Way too much land per horse…have to rezone that.

I mean this guy used to share a nice little pied-à-terre with his “equestrian”:

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0