The Czech Sky (Disturbingly) Strikes Again

If you happen to be a reader of Redfin’s blog, or Geekwire, or Curbed Seattle, you may have seen a mention of Redfin’s “Men of I.T.” 2012 calendar this week.

Okay, setting aside the somewhat disturbing nature of seeing our Data Center & Network Systems Manager Ken Brush in a giant bunny suit, something else “hopped” out to me about the calendar’s April image, shown at left… Regular readers may recognize the sky in the background as the infamous Czech Sky, which appears in a ridiculous number of photoshopped Seattle-area listing photos.

I’ve made the Czech Sky a running joke both here on this site and among my coworkers at the office, but I spoke with our designer who put together the “Men of I.T.” calendar, and she was completely oblivious of the special real estate connection of this particular blue sky. Apparently she came across it by running a Google Images search for ‘grass sky.’

It’s everywhere!

P.S. [If for some (very strange) reason you want your very own calendar of Redfin’s I.T. department in a variety of embarrassing / disturbing poses, Redfin is giving them out to the first 50 people to donate $15 to MIND (a non-profit that teaches math to kids) and leave a comment on the Redfin blog post saying: “I donated! Send me a calendar!”]

Full disclosure: The Tim is employed by Redfin.

Steve says:

That calender is creepy.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Suitably Skeptical says:

That’s hilarious! Too much like that one Entourage episode to hang on my wall though…..

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Raymond says:

Um, the copyright notice on the page the image came from says “License: Only for personal, Commercial usage: Not allowed.”

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

RE: Raymond @ 3 – Good thing nobody’s profiting from these calendars, then!

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Tempting, but I’m gonna wait for the analyst’s calendar. ;-)

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

Raymond says:

RE: The Tim @4 – It doesn’t say anything about permitting nonprofit use. Only personal use.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

You can buy it fairly cheaply here, if there really is an issue.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0

John Bailo says:

What are home prices like in Czechoslovakia these days…I have heard its a nice place..and with a plunging euro…

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0