This is rich. A little blurb in the Seattle Times on Saturday pointed out that the cable network HGTV is adding three (or maybe four) new shows focusing on—you guessed it—real estate. Check out the sidebar:
A new HGTV show called "My House is Worth What?" is coming to Seattle to find folks who’d like a free home evaluation — and a TV appearance. Here’s what they’re looking for:
Energetic homeowners who are:
- Planning to move or refinance.
- Wondering how much value a recent renovation has added.
- Willing to submit a photo of their families, along with their home’s exterior and interior.
- Considering using equity to finance a wedding, college education or other milestones.
- Considering major renovations.
Way to be late to the party, guys. It’s no wonder they’re looking in Seattle, since we’ve got to be one of the few places left that you can find "energetic homeowners" that are excited about the prospect of "using equity to finance…milestones." I predict that if these shows even last on season, they definitely don’t make it past 2007.
(Sandy Dunham, Seattle Times, 05.13.2006)