Here’s a roundup of some local real estate stories that came out this weekend.
- The Times and the P-I give Redfin some free advertising by covering their list of Seven Tactics for Selling Your Home.
- According to the Times, local builder Quadrant Homes (owned by Weyerhaeuser) is impervious to the housing market slowdown.
- From the sounds of Phuong Cat Le’s report in the P-I, I’m not the only one that thinks that few will qualify for the mortgage “rate freeze.”
- Also worth mentioning is a weekend column in which Steve Tytler repeated his prediction that home prices will “drop about 10 percent to 20 percent over the next year or so” then “flatten out.”
- Lastly, check out this article in the Times about the especially slow market in south King County.
It’s interesting how much the general tone of news articles have changed in just the last six months. I think the local consciousness is finally starting to realize that Seattle may not be magically immune to the housing bust after all.