old timer says:

What is the vote here?
    Is it ‘I want one”, “I have one”, ‘I’m dumping one?”
    what?

brettro says:

Yeah I wasn’t sure either…
    I voted for “I will realistically be in the market for a…”

Ben says:

I treated it like a want as opposed to a have poll, but I am curious what Tim meant.

SeattleMoose says:

What are we being asked to vote for? One sentence would help.

Eh, I intentionally left it vague, but I had in mind like a “what do you prefer” kind of poll.

Ray Pepper says:

Personally I love them all. WOW mkts are going to be Brutal this week. Hold on tight..”The Crisis of Confidence” is affecting the futures BIG TIME..CFC investigation announced….Thornburg at a 1.00…GOOD LORD!!

I must say though personally, I spent the weekend training New Agents and I was surprised at the amount of Showings that 2 listings received over in Somerset / Bellevue.

I would like to put this out there because my gears started to grind again on Sunday. Agents if your going to do an Open house bring on the cookies, ding dongs, water, fruit roll-up or something! I personally do NOT do open houses but if I did , no one would leave without a T Shirt (if appropriate) or a water.

Now I know, I know. Some sellers don’t want cookie crumbs in the house so I will understand that. But, please GO TO COSTCO! . EARN THAT 3% !! Were bringing you Buyers……..Feed us! Entertain us! Do something! Hell, after Sunday I would have settled for the Chicken Dance!!

Jonny says:

You ain’t just whistlin’ dixie.

WestSideBilly says:

Well, I’d prefer a castle, but I guess that could be considered a SFH. :)

wsetsidebilly-
    Wait a couple of years. You might just find that castle for a couple of hundred thousand. Lots of upkeep, though. And high heating bills.

Moe Ronn - Realitor® says:

It’s going to take a lot more than cookies, bottled water and a t-shirt to get me to even consider buying anything in this market. Somehow, I feel as I’m not alone in that opinion. My moving target is very late 2010 or very early 2011. Again, that’s a moving target date to purchase. It will not be sooner, but it very well could be later, much later.

Ray Pepper says:

Moe Ronn…NOT YOU! When I’m taking clients around **I want the food.** You look at the darn house!! Give me a damn cookie, ding dong, or fruit roll-up when I’m walking through!!!!

Its brain-food you know !

AndySeattle says:

I certainly prefer older single family residences for two main reasons… Complete customization without the overhead of an association and some added privacy, as compared to a condo.

The reality for my situation though is that I may end up in a condo as I feel completely priced out of the SFH’s in my neighborhood… Even the fixers! It’s depressing because ultimately I would love a fixer. Maybe it’s time for me to study up on contracts and deeds and do away with a traditional purchase?

Alan says:

On RainCityGuide comments:

my 1st post here was rejected because of me posting the company name. I will not do that here in this forum. I thought it was like Seattle Bubble. My mistake .

Hey, Tim. Is Ray paying you for the advertising links on this posts yet?

Ray,
    I held a couple of brokers opens at a condo I had a listing for in Issaquah..Not only did I have cookies, I also had those gourmet Italian sandwiches. How many agents showed up?
    Two. The place sold, but whattya gotta do to bring people in? I see some agents are offering five bucks for other agents to come to their brokers opens… i dunno, maybe a stripper would bring em in?

WestSideBilly says:

Make sure the condo has a pole, Ira!

WestSideBilly says:

Since there aren’t any castles in the PacNW (to my knowledge, at least), I’d have to build one, so I’d probably try to implement some modern features (like windows) into the design, and remove some archaic features (like murder holes). I wonder what King County’s rules on moats are like….

King County has an anti moat ordinance. Moats disturb wetlands and native plants. But I have seen some pretty grotesque and tacky East side very expensive homes that could only be described as ” faux chateau.”

Cougar says:

WSB – here ya go. Chateau Victoriana not moated tho~

Angie says:

Damn, that’s one ostentatious “Chateau”. Gotta love that the price has dropped 10%. Nothing like a cut-rate fake mansion to really make you feel like you’re sittin’ on top of the world!

Ray Pepper says:

Now , Ira that is funny!

Speaking of Condos vs SFHs, I’ve broken down YOY data and normalized data for median SFH and condos in King, Sno, and Pierce counties from the Feb 08 NWMLS update.

I also look how much median price for each category of home for the three countries has decreased since their peak.

County SFH Condo
    King -10.62 -3.63
    Sno -7.19 -3.92
    Pierce -8.83 -14.15

Post with figs can be found here:

WestSideBilly says: