Presenting The Naked Loon: Your New Favorite Website

Behold, I bring you parody:

The Naked Loon | Puget Sound's Most Spectacular Newspaper
Go to The Naked Loon. Right now.

The greater* Puget Sound region now has a new source for… um… news, yeah that’s it, “news.”

It’s The Naked Loon, and it’s the latest project to come out of the Thatch Mound Labs.

Here’s what some of our beta testers had to say about The Naked Loon:

“Almost Live” meets “The Onion.”
– Chuck

The Naked Loon is better than a kick in the pants! Oh wait, no… no, it’s not.
– Pete

The Naked Loon is the worst website in the world. I beg of you, don’t waste your time!
– J.R.

Libel. The Naked Loon is nothing but vicious, vicious libel. They will be hearing from my lawyers.
– Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels

Okay, I may have made one of those up.

But seriously, I’m pretty pleased with what I’ve created in The Naked Loon, and I think you’re really going to enjoy it. It’s a website you can tell your friends about without starting an argument about equity and home prices and all that rot.

For those of you with dirty, dirty minds, I would like to clarify something. Despite the promise alluded to in the site’s name, everything on The Naked Loon is 100% work-safe, and appropriate for general audiences. However, if you are behind a soulless corporate firewall that blocks sites just for having cool words like “naked” in the URL, we have a solution just for you: The [CENSORED] Loon. It’s the same site, just de-naked-ified.

Everybody loves parody, right? Except for humorless jerks. But really, who cares what they think? So anyway, go check out The Naked Loon. Your life may depend on it!

*(As in, greater than anywhere else.)

P.S. (This is not an April Fool’s joke. The Naked Loon is real, and it is awesome.)

blueskitten says:

Awww… this takes me back. I think I still have a copy of “SPU’s Foul-con” in my college memorabilia box.

Sandy says:

Well worth the effort it took to click the link.

Marty Mathis sounds like someone I know from the Internet.

Ubersalad says:

April 1st is truly a day of pointless waste. Every blog you can imagine is doing their April Fool’s parody and pointless to read…

Ubersalad says:

over in RCG, everyday is April Fool’s Day…

Lake Hills Renter says:

Am I the only one that doesn’t care much for April Fool’s Day?

Bah humbug.

Lake Hills Renter says:

“over in RCG, everyday is April Fool’s Day…”

Actually, I’d say that applies more to Seattle Real Estate Professionals. Oh, i mean SEATTLE REAL ESTATEPROFESSIONALS®©¢£¥¶§! Hope I didn’t get you in copyright trouble, Tim!

Heh. The trademark gestapo nonsense really is amusing. Sorry if some of you don’t like The Naked Loon. I’d appreciate any constructive criticism that you might have.

Also, in case it’s not clear, The Naked Loon isn’t an April Fool’s joke. It is a real, new site that will be regularly updated starting today. April Fool’s day just seemed like the appropriate day to launch it.

Lake Hills Renter says:

My comment about April Fool’s Day wasn’t about the site really. It seems like a local version of The Onion. I just don’t care much for prankster day.

softwarengineer says:

VERY FUNNY

I enjoy the Onion too.

Great site! It appears as though the Mayor may have read it and commented.

vboring says:

off topic:

new mortgage data toy put out by the NY Fed!

slow to load right now, must be a lot of interest.

Rachel says:

Why is it that when I type “Naked Loon” in google, I get this site and the Thatch Mound site, but not a direct link to http://www.nakedloon.com?

Chris says:

Yeah for the Foul-con reference, blueskitten!

I’m liking the Naked Loon.

Catherine D. says:

Hah! I was wondering.

I clicked through and got a good laugh out of the site, thinking, “Yeah, that April Fool’s Thatch Mound Project is the first worthwhile prank today. . .” and then after a few minutes I thought, “You know, knowing Tim, that might not actually be a prank . . . “

[…] afraid, very afraid… April 11, 2008 The Tim launches the Naked […]

galen says:

Dude – awesome. I love it.

Comments are closed.