Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Enjoy the insane weather. I certainly never thought I’d see a white Thanksgiving in Seattle.

I’m thankful that this site has been able to save a few people from ruining their financial lives by following the baseless hype spewed non-stop by most real estate agents, like this sign I photographed in 2006.

YOUR NEXT HOME WILL NEVER COST LESS THAN IT DOES TODAY

Have a great day with your family, friends, pets, internets, or whoever / whatever you choose to spend the day with.

TheHulk says:

Among the many things I am thankful for, this site is certainly one of them. Not just for providing raw data about the bubble but also the discussions about all things related to real estate.

Thanks to everyone for bringing their different perspectives to this forum.

Gobble gobble (or in my case cluck cluck :) )

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Try not to think about real estate for just one day! ;-)

Everett_Tom says:

RE: Kary L. Krismer @ 2 – Too late!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone…

Mark says:

Thanksgiving of 1985 was a real doozy, if I remember correctly. A couple of snowstorms that dumped over 20 inches, extreme cold temps also. Lots of snow on the ground for Thanksgiving that year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all- I hope everyone can find much to be thankful for in the past year, and that the coming year is even better. Cheers!

Lurker says:

Happy Thanksgiving you bubble heads! :)

ARDELL says:

First rule of taking standardized tests like SAT’s. If the multiple choice answer contains the word “never” or “always”…it’s probably the wrong answer.

Happy Thanksgiving!

EconE says:

I just checked the Ruth Realty sign on Google Streetview. I’m pretty sure it’s from 2007 as the diesel price was $4.59 at the Shell station down the street.

“TIMING IS EVERYTHING. THE TIME IS NOW”

Ooops!

Happy Thanksgiving!

BillE says:

“I’m thankful that this site has been able to save a few people from ruining their financial lives by following the baseless hype spewed non-stop by most real estate agents”

I’m one of those few people. Thanks for all you do on seattlebubble.

By Everett_Tom @ 3:

RE: Kary L. Krismer @ 2 – Too late!

Try 24 hours then! ;-)

Jonness says:

By ARDELL @ 7:

1) House prices:

a) always go up.
    b) never go down.
    c) typically fall for years following a major housing bubble crash
    d) Ask a Realtor or consult the NAR. Non-licensed Realtors have no business predicting RE prices.
    e) b and c
    f) none of the above
    g) all of the above

ray pepper says:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! After yesterdays meal and my horrible decision to be at Target at 3am with the family I’m paying the price now:

RE: ray pepper @ 12 – I’m afraid to watch that. It isn’t anything like after you go to Claim Jumper is it? ;-)

One Eyed Man says:

RE: ray pepper @ 12RE: Kary L. Krismer @ 13

2D was easy. I could probably handle the 3D version. But if they go to an olfactory directors cut, you can count me out.

Teacher_Greg says:

Your blog did indeed save me several hundred thousand clams. Not too shabby. Maybe your subtitle should say “Millions and Millions Saved”, a pseudo-McDonalds/Christian reference. It helped give weight to what I inherently felt to be true — that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. In 2006 when people, like the person who put together the real estate sign on this post, were talking about how modest homes in Black Diamond were going to cost millions in 5 years it just seemed like utter bollocks…but thousands of starry eyed buyers, sellers, agents etc bought into it. Sometimes I think the best way to make money in a capitalist economy is to do the opposite of what the talking heads on CNBC tell you.

RE: One Eyed Man @ 14
    I think there was a John Waters film where they handed out “scratch and sniff” cards and called it “Smellaround”. Shows you my high taste in films.