Weekly Twitter Digest (Link Roundup) for 2011-09-17

Powered by Twitter Tools

toad37 says:

Good morning SB’ers,

Fall is here and the dreary cold gray weather with it… I hope anyone that had real estate to sell got rid of it in the sunshine. I like Craig’s condo article. Ardell had a nice comment in there.

Distressed sales are going to continue to hurt non-distressed sales for quite a while. This appraisal issue is just another messy piece of the puzzle. Anyone paying non-distressed prices should really consider what they are doing.

Tim, how is that house doing that we guessed the sale date/price on?

PS- This is bank owned and they are asking double for what it sold for in 2006.

That will be a fun one to watch.

Toad

toad37 says:

RE: toad37 @ 1 – Btw, I hope all readers gave Tim a tip, he deserves it…

By toad37 @ 1:

Tim, how is that house doing that we guessed the sale date/price on?

Still not pending, and another piddly $3,600 price drop since we last checked in on it.

Ray Pepper says:

Holy Crap! Look at all those Tippers!!!

Maybe its time to bag that Red Fin job and start:

Tacoma Bubble
    Spokane Bubble
    Portland Bubble
    Sacramento Bubble
    or my favorite Las Vegas Bubble

ChrisM says:

I. for one, would really love a better Portland RE site. The main owner of the PDX website bought a farmhouse about the same time as Tim, and not surprisingly the quality of the website plummeted.

That is the best PDX site I’m aware of, which isn’t saying a whole lot. Not much traffic on the Redfin PDX forum, either. If anyone knows of a better PDX site, please chime in!

RE: ChrisM @ 5 – If only I had more time, I wouldn’t mind running one myself. I did grow up down in Vancouver, and my parents still live there, so I’ve got an ongoing interest in the area.

Sorry to hear that they let their site go downhill after buying. Hopefully I’m avoiding the same fate here!

RE: The Tim @ 6 – I think that would be difficult without living in the area. You might end up with a thread asking people to vote on Skyway vs. Medina.

Also, you’d have to be aware of law changes in two states.

RE: Kary L. Krismer @ 7 – You missed the part about how I grew up in the area. I know Portland/Vancouver pretty well having lived there for 11 years and going back to visit fairly frequently.

Love that, Kary! Neighborhood Smackdown, Skyway vs Medina! I live close to Skyway, and served on the community council. It’s not as bad or as dangerous as people think.
    I’ve been pulled over by the Medina police. Not for doing anything wrong, ( they said my car matched a description of a car they were looking for, sure they were) but I think it was because I was driving an older, American made car valued at less than 60 thousand dollars.

RE: The Tim @ 8 – I lived in the Bremerton/Silverdale area for 18, and visit there frequently. Silverdale and much of east Bremerton isn’t even recognizable to me now.

You’re younger than me though.

RE: Ira Sacharoff @ 9 – I bet there’s no Ezell’s chicken in Medina.

Part’s of Skyway are somewhat nice and priced well. And you’re right, it’s not that bad for crime.