Poll: With an extra $500 a month, I would…

With an extra $500 a month, I would...

• ...buy more stuff. (7%, 9 Votes)
  • ...pay off my mortgage quicker. (19%, 24 Votes)
  • ...buy a bigger / nicer house. (2%, 2 Votes)
  • ...invest / save. (65%, 82 Votes)
  • ...travel more. (8%, 10 Votes)

Total Voters: 127

This poll was active 09.29.2013 through 10.05.2013

Dave0 says:

I would make more upgrades to my boat (e.g. solar panels, new engine, new radar, etc), which I live on, in preparation for our dream of cruising the Pacific Ocean. I’m not sure if that falls under “buy more stuff,” “buy a nicer house,” “invest,” or “travel more.” It kind of applies to all four. :)

mike says:

Gosh, this being Seattle and all I’m surprised “Use the money to start or expand a grow operation” is not HIGH up on the list…

Macro Investor says:

This being Seattle, what about:

Panhandle a few hours less.

Take music lessons so my garage band doesn’t suck so bad.

Nothing — it all goes toward increased rent and health insurance.

Macro Investor says:

RE: Macro Investor @ 3

Or, you could treat yourself to a medium-sized popcorn at a Mariners or Seahawks game.

Erik says:

Go out to breakfast at hectors in kirkland on every Saturday morning and get the protein power breakfast and coffee.

Blurtman says:

That’s easy. More guns and ammo for the bunker. Oh, and good beans for the bunker’s Mini Vivaldi.

RE: Blurtman @ 6

Cement Walls and Surveillance Cameras Too

Get your neghbors to share the bunker costs on the property lines.

Pack lots of beer and coffee [etc] too, it became more valuable than gold and cash during emergency situations.

Peter Witting says:

Can I take back “pay down mortgage” for “save” – I just had to call a plumber this morning to look at my 70 year old galvanized pipes in the bathroom….

mike says:

By Peter Witting @ 9:

70??? Those suckers have been living on borrowed time for decades.

No Name Guy says:

If I were the Seattle City Council and Mayor Schwin McGinn, I’d start up a new, useless social service program with a budget of $10,000 a month, then whine that my budget is being “brutally slashed” to only $500 / month. I’d then ask the suckers, uh, I mean voters of Seattle for a soda tax increase of $15,000 a month so I could give the extra to my crony friends.

Peter Witting says:

RE: mike @ 10 – Indeed! Actually, I’ve saved knowing that this time would eventually come. No complaints from me about the quality of this house, that’s for sure.