Welcome KING 5 Viewers!

If you’re viewing this blog for the first time today because you saw me (Tim Ellis) on KING 5 News tonight, I’d like to take a moment to welcome you. Seattle Bubble is the Seattle area’s #1 resource for news, analysis, commentary, and community discussion on the local real estate market. This community site is focused on productive discussion of the local housing market, so that everyone involved can work toward a goal of improving understanding and dispelling myths.

Please take a moment to look around the site. Drop by the About Page for a brief summary of what we do.

Here are some recent stories that may interest you if you want to know what’s going on in today’s real estate market around Seattle:

If you’re looking for more content that gets to the heart of Seattle’s real estate market, I recommend you take a look at the following posts:

For those of you that aren’t new, and didn’t catch KING 5 news tonight, I will update this post later with the video clip. For now you can view the video on the KING 5 website here. Check back later tonight or tomorrow morning for an embedded video on this post.

Update: Here’s the video that I uploaded to YouTube:

Update 2: Neat, I found out that you can view a noticeably higher-quality version of the YouTube video by going to this link. Unfortunately I can’t seem to embed this version without it stretching it vertically. Oh well.

Eastsider says:

The video starts off with an ad for ReMax that say that “this is the best time to buy a home….”.
    LOL!!

geon says:

Not bad. Babs better wake up and smell the coffee.

Warren Bubble says:

Just want to post a resource regarding Rent vs. Buying that I like:

I also welcome comments about the calculator; please just be constructive.

Joel says:

I also welcome comments about the calculator; please just be constructive.

You can’t put in a negative value for home appreciation. Not very useful given current conditions.

officeboy says:

Are those giant for sale signs or is Bernard Choi like 4 foot nothing?

He is indeed somewhat short, though he’s definitely over 5 foot.

Joel, your link didn’t work. If anybody wants a higher-quality version (though I imagine I’m the only one really interested in that sort of thing) I could upload something better. I recorded it in insane full 1080p HD (1920×1080), and can convert it into pretty much anything.

deejayoh says:

Hey Tim – your video is featured over at Calculated Risk!

patient says:

Well done The Tim.
    From the video I can’t comprehend what the seller with no takers that decided to take their home of f the market and wait is thinking. Wait for what? An even tougher market with even lower prices beacuse that’s undoubtly what is coming? Or is it the return of their asking price in what is not likely to happen within the next 5-10 years that they are waiting for? Inflation adjusted it will probably not happen until we have another bubble which could take 20-30 years or never again. Either they need a new advisor or could it be that they have run out of equity and prefer to foreclose instead of selling for a loss? The cost of pride and denial can become very high…

WestSideBilly says:

I imagine their agent is telling them things will be just peachy once summer rolls around.

Alternatively, they may have just decided to stay in that house.

Joel says:

Oh, well. I was mostly just having fun with pulling video off my TiVo. There’s no way I can beat full HD with my lowly SD rip.