If you’re viewing this blog for the first time today because you saw me (Tim Ellis) on KING 5 News tonight, I’d like to take a moment to welcome you. Seattle Bubble is the Seattle area’s #1 resource for news, analysis, commentary, and community discussion on the local real estate market. This community site is focused on productive discussion of the local housing market, so that everyone involved can work toward a goal of improving understanding and dispelling myths.
Please take a moment to look around the site. Drop by the About Page for a brief summary of what we do.
Here are some recent stories that may interest you if you want to know what’s going on in today’s real estate market around Seattle:
- Will Higher Government Loan Limits Boost Seattle’s Market?
- NWMLS: Inventory Skyrocketing, Sales in the Gutter (Still)
- February Neighborhood Months of Supply Update
- Puget Sound Counties February NWMLS Update
- $100,000+ Price Cuts in Suburbs Around Seattle
If you’re looking for more content that gets to the heart of Seattle’s real estate market, I recommend you take a look at the following posts:
- Rent vs Purchase: A Comparison
- Gangbuster Job Growth, Lackluster Incomes
- Big Picture: Supply vs. Demand
- or, if you’re a number-crunching kind of person, any of the posts in the stats category
For those of you that aren’t new, and didn’t catch KING 5 news tonight, I will update this post later with the video clip. For now you can view the video on the KING 5 website here. Check back later tonight or tomorrow morning for an embedded video on this post.
Update: Here’s the video that I uploaded to YouTube:
Update 2: Neat, I found out that you can view a noticeably higher-quality version of the YouTube video by going to this link. Unfortunately I can’t seem to embed this version without it stretching it vertically. Oh well.