Poll: What is your favorite mobile real estate search app?

What is your favorite mobile real estate search app?

• Redfin (49%, 61 Votes)
  • Realtor.com (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Zillow (16%, 20 Votes)
  • Trulia (2%, 3 Votes)
  • Other... (7%, 9 Votes)
  • I don't use apps. (25%, 31 Votes)

Total Voters: 124

This poll was active 10.14.2012 through 10.20.2012

I’m also curious to know why you select the option that you do. Obviously I’m biased, but I’m still genuinely curious what you like and why.

jinkleberry says:

Zillow. Easier to zoom around in-map compared to Redfin.

I only use mobile apps if I want to find a nearby listing while I’m out. The John L. Scott app has the advantage of being very fast, faster than Redfin. The NWMLS mobile app (agents only) is glacier slow, but if I need to get listing access information I have to deal with it.

I don’t know why anyone would use Realtor.com, Zillow or Trulia apps. They won’t have all the listings.

To bitch a bit about the NWMLS app, they have this really useless feature, which probably contributes to it’s lack of speed and bulk. You can hold your phone up in front of a house, so that it basically is using the camera to display the house, and then it will give you the listing information on the house. I have no idea why they think that is better than just using a GPS with a map (which it also does). All it seems to do is make the program extremely slow. On Android the program is over 10MB in size, and still when it loads it has to download more stuff just to get you to the signon page! Even when connected to Wi-Fi the program can take over 10 seconds to load! It’s my least favorite app of any type, but unfortunately the full NWMLS website does not work reliably on my mobile browser.

By jinkleberry @ 2:

Zillow. Easier to zoom around in-map compared to Redfin.

That’s because it’s not burdened with the necessity of showing all the active listings in an area. ;-)

Judy B says:

I’m a seller/buyer. I have used Redfin for several years now. I find it intuitive, fast and much easier to read than Zillow.
    I like the Redfin agent comments too.

yosef says:

ziprealty does a good job. the biggest issue I have with zillow is they seem to miss a lot of properties. redfin collects properties into groupings that you have to zoom into to see the actual house icons, i find that annoying.

By yosef @ 6:

the biggest issue I have with zillow is they seem to miss a lot of properties.

Roughly 1 in 5 on average: http://waves.wavgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/The-Accuracy-of-Real-Estate-Websites.pdf

Lo Ball Jones says:

I hate to say it, but I’m getting to point where I’m so fed up with cumbersome “apps” that really dread using any of them…especially ones with lots of little tweaky UI widgets that my less than dexterous fingers end up miskeying 3 times more than getting it to do what I want.